In an era where almost anything can be gotten tailor-made to suit your specific needs, why fret about planning that special event? Yes, this goes out to all you working mums and dads who are wondering how to plan that birthday party for your special little girl or boy, and most importantly, how do you find the time to do all that planning!
I’m sure we all sometimes reminisce those good old days when everything from party food, birthday cake, and party games were all special home-made treats most likely carefully crafted and put together by a host of family members and friends. But times have definitely changed. Changed for the better or not is an opinion; however, planning a kid’s birthday party has certainly become more convenient. So why tear your hair out when you could just hire a professional to do the job? And it’s a good thing that there are plenty to choose from. While there are many places you could hire out, the following offer a full package that includes food and drinks, party hats, and games and entertainment!
- McDonald’s – One of the world’s largest hamburger fast food chains organize eventful children’s birthday parties. Both McDonald’s Collpetty and Rajagiriya have designated play areas and party areas that can be hired out. Party food is limited to mini burgers, fries, and nuggets and a drink of your choice. But, the party coordinator will take care of everything from the decór, games, to keeping the kids entertained throughout the evening. Extras such as a clown, magic show, and face painting are available on special request and at an additional cost.
Average cost – Rs. 450 to Rs. 550 per head
- Pizza Hut – If a pizza party’s what’s on your mind, don’t hesitate to hand over the organizing to the professionals in the business. Pizza Hut’s Union Place and Dehiwela branches are highly recommended for kid’s birthday parties as they are equipped with outdoor play areas. Pizza Hut has a special party menu to choose from consisting of pizzas with toppings of your choice, potato wedges, fries, chicken wings, garlic bread, and a variety of soft drinks. While you would have a designated host to entertain the kids, extras such as magic shows, balloon man, and face painting are available at an added cost.
Average cost – Rs. 450 to Rs. 550 per head
- KFC – If you’re looking to have a party with that extra grease, KFC’s Union Place branch might be an ideal location. It has an indoor designated party area while a dedicated host will organize games to keep the kids entertained. The party menu is very limited though, consisting of the signature KFC drumsticks, popcorn chicken, drumlets, buns, fries, and drinks. Since there is no outdoor party area, KFC might be ideal for a small gathering.
Average cost – Rs. 400 to Rs. 550 per head
- Twinklers – Ideal for theme parties because Twinklers has the space to accommodate all of your creative ideas for a kiddies’ birthday party. They have a variety of delicious party snacks to choose from, ranging from mini hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches as well as sweets such as éclairs and marshmellows. The venue is complete with a extensive play area as well as an indoor space for games and entertainment.
Average cost – Rs. 550 to Rs. 650 per head
- Excel World – Excel World houses a special kiddies fun area called ‘The Fun factory’, which can be hired out for birthday parties. If absolute fun and games is what you’re looking for to keep those energetic kids occupied, this is an ideal venue. While there is a designated play area, you could purchase tokens for special rides and there’s a wide range to choose from. Food mainly consists of party finger food.
Average price – Rs. 500 to Rs. 600 per head
- Cartoon Kidz – Cartoon Kidz offers a homely atmosphere but without the hassles of organizing a party. They do specialized theme parties; all you need is an idea and they will help you plan every detail. The venue is complete with an outdoor play area, indoor space with a TV for movie screenings, and even a kids’ salon! They have a variety of mouth-watering set menus to choose from, and are flexible with revising the menu to suit your palette. They even have a special dinner menu for the grownups while magic shows, a balloon man, bouncers, and face painting are available on request and at an extra cost.
Average cost – Rs 500 to Rs. 650 per head
- Just kidding – A brand made especially for kids who deserve a special day and an ultimate solution for parents when it comes to planning a totally customised party. Just kidding creates parties for girls and boys from pure imagination to movie themes. They offer a wide range of party packages or theme ideas to select from. You also have the option of choosing party extras from delectable and amazing party cakes to kid’s entertainment with in-house camera crew. Average cost – Rs. 2400 per head